If you are a fan of the official Tour de France, you may have noticed that it doesn’t always begin in France and often dips into other countries along the way. Our fourth Tour de France will be unique in this way as well. We will be flying into Barcelona, Spain for the start of our tour and finish in Paris, France. Running from Saturday, June 15th through Thursday, August 1, 2019, this 47-day tour will consist of 10 stages across two countries covering a distance of approximately 1500 miles in the following order…
- San Sebastián
- 3-4 night stays in luxury apartments throughout Spain
- 1 week in San Sebastián (¡Fantástico!)
- 5 nights in a château (Très chic!)
- 2 weeks in the Dordogne at our favorite property
- Dordogne Week #1 – in the manor house with our son & 5 of his friends (Exciting!)
- Wrapping it up with a bow to celebrate my birthday in Paris the final 3 days
- shortest leg – 85 miles
- longest leg – 310 miles
- the first five stages will be totally new for Cheryl
For an interactive map, go to Tour 2019.
We’ll just be cruising on this tour. We’re traveling by car from Barcelona to Bordeaux then taking the new, super-fast TGV train to Paris. Our goal is to simply finish the course (since we had a little trouble with that last time). We hope you will join us!